• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ATTENTION: Dont Take Your Health for granted.

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
To all of you that don't take the necessary extra steps to improve their life and their whole bodies well beings you should start now.

Yes it may be more money out of your pocket to buy certain supplements, or to take care of your body and excercise or eat healthy right now. But when something goes wrong your going to wish you actually did buy that certain vitamin, or supplement or did exercise or eat health. But by then it will be pretty much too late to reverse the damage that you have already done.

At one point it about everyone's life, there is going to be some event that takes place that changes your life, neuroligcally or your health. It may be diabeties, obiesity, brain function, etc. Take your pick. It is highly likely to ANY of you reading this that your life is going to change one day because you chose not to do anything in your present life to benefit your future life.

Almost everybody takes their bodies mind for granted. And MOST of these people will continue to do so until something happens.

Take me for example, I smoked a ton of weed an did a ton of drugs and I smoked this one time and I got depersonalization from it. I took my whole nervous/neurlogical system for granted up until this point. Now that I have it, I wish I hadn't and that is how it is in many cases. NOW I take multi-vitamins everyday, certain vitamins more than the other, supplements mainly Omegas 3-6-9 and fish oil. Why? Because I realized how much damage I was doing to my body by living the way I was and making very poor decisions regarding my health, and I only realized that because something happened to neruologically that made me wish I hadn't taken myself for granted. And because of that, now I don't take my body for granted or my health and I take these things to help prevent and lower the risk of something happening in my future that I could have prevented RIGHT NOW.

Im lucky that my experience is not life threatening at all, and doesn't effect my life THAT MUCH, it does but not in a SERIOUS way. It will diminish at some point soon or later, but it caused me to really take a look at myself, how I was, and think about my whole life and future.

To all of those that currently take their health and nervous system, etc. for granted, it may be hard to change and do things differently since nothing has happened to you, but something will and if and when that does happen your going to wish that at this point in your life you changed your lifestyle habits. So this message is to everyone that takes their life for granted, even if they don't notice. Take a step back, look at what your doing, and make changes. What your doing now is very much a factor in your future and if you make the changes now, you have a much greater chance of having a healthy future and a longer life.

haha dude ive seen like 8 threads by you today.

im glad you dont take your health for granted, i was thinking the same exact thing about my health after ODing on amps awhile back

but lately IMO im going a little overboard on supplements. currently im taking:

inositol/choline - mental health
multivitamin - overall health
fish oil - whatever the fuck fish oil does =D
magnesium - mental/muscle health
green tea extract - mental/body health

imma go to the store and make a new routine, mostly for weight loss (summers almost here!=D) any recommendations? remember its gotta be sold at a health shop, cuz i cant order online.

Good thread but due to where it is located (healthy living) I doubt it is going to reach the people who really need to see it!
Some of my close friends really need to read this.

Keep in mind that while certain supplements are great and I do use some, your overall diet is the most important thing. Heck some of my friends that live out of home eat pizza from pizza hut every night, or spaghetti, or nachos...and they drink energy drinks all day long. And this is during their week while they are supposed to be recovering from their weekend binge drinking etc etc..

Remember if you are young to have a diet with heaps of veggies...heaps! Some good complex carbs like brown rice, a good source of protein (beans etc)...and to eat fish 1 or 2 times a week.

Keep in mind that while certain supplements are great and I do use some, your overall diet is the most important thing.
This.

Who knows if supplements even do anything? Nutrients should be obtained from naturally nutritious foods first. Don't mean to turn this in to a "supplements v. food" debate, sorry!

Back on topic: You are right, OP, that people need to start treating themselves better now instead of later when it's really too late to do anything about it.

^ I second that notion. There's really been a large rise in the use of supplements (from my perspective) lately. I think some of it has to do with the fact that the mass amount of food grown these days simply does not have the nutrients it had when grown a hundred years ago.

I'd like to offer my own point: if you eat non-organic foods that are mass produced, it might be a good idea to take supplements. If you can afford locally produced and/or organically produced foods (vegetables, mostly), then you probably have no reason to take supplements. When you treat Mother Nature well, she will give you all the vitamins and minerals you really need.

Good thread but due to where it is located (healthy living) I doubt it is going to reach the people who really need to see it!
Some of my close friends really need to read this.

Keep in mind that while certain supplements are great and I do use some, your overall diet is the most important thing. Heck some of my friends that live out of home eat pizza from pizza hut every night, or spaghetti, or nachos...and they drink energy drinks all day long. And this is during their week while they are supposed to be recovering from their weekend binge drinking etc etc..

Remember if you are young to have a diet with heaps of veggies...heaps! Some good complex carbs like brown rice, a good source of protein (beans etc)...and to eat fish 1 or 2 times a week.

Thank you and yes I know I thought about that when typing that the right people arent going to see this unless they graze this section once in a while, and in that case I hope they see the thread. I wish I could have this stickied on every sub forum for people to see, unfortunately I cant and this is the best i can do

to the posteres above me, i agree that it sucks that foods are being produced less and less with the nutrients and supplement ingredients that we need in our bodiesi, unfortunately thats the way it is so we have to buy certain supplements to get the right healthy regiem everyday